2018年考研英语完型填空模拟题及答案解析【十】2017-11-14 16:03 来源：网络综合
The mass media is a big part of our culture，yet it can also be a helper，adviser and teacher to our young generation. The mass media affects the lives of our young by acting as a(an)__1__for a number of institutions and social contacts. In this way，it__2__ a variety of functions in human life.
The time spent in front of the television screen is usually at the__3__ of leisure：there is less time for games，amusement and rest.__4__ by what is happening on the screen，children not only imitate what they see but directly__5__ themselves with different characters. Americans have been concerned about the__6__ of violence in the media and its__7__harm to children and adolescents for at least forty years. During this period，new media __8__，such as video games，cable television，music videos，and the Internet. As they continue to gain popularity，these media，__9__television，__10__public concern and research attention.
Another large societal concern on our young generation__11__by the media，is body image.__12__forces can influence body image positively or negatively.__13__one，societal and cultural norms and mass media marketing__14__our concepts of beauty. In the mass media，the images of__15__beauty fill magazines and newspapers，__16__from our televisions and entertain us__17__the movies. Even in advertising，the mass media__18__on accepted cultural values of thinness and fitness for commercial gain. Young adults are presented with a__19__defined standard of attractiveness，a(n)__20__that carries unrealistic physical expectations.
1. [A] alternative [B] preference [C] substitute [D] representative
2. [A] accomplishes[B] fulfills [C] provides [D] suffices
3. [A] risk [B] mercy [C] height [D] expense
4. [A] Absorbed [B] Attracted [C] Aroused [D] Addicted
5. [A] identify [B] recognize [C] unify [D] equate
6. [A] abundance [B] incidence [C] prevalence [D] reccurrence
7. [A] disposed [B] hidden [C] implicit [D] potential
8. [A] merged [B] emerged [C] immerged [D] submerged
9. [A] apart from [B] much as [C] but for [D] along with
10. [A] promote [B] propel [C] prompt [D] prosper
11. [A] inspired [B] imposed [C] delivered [D] contributed
12. [A] External [B] Exterior [C] Explicit [D] Exposed
13. [A] As [B] At [C] For [D] In
14. [A] mark [B] effect [C] impact [D] shock
15. [A] generalized [B] regularized [C] standardized[D] categorized
16. [A] boom [B] bottom [C] brim [D] beam
17. [A] over [B] with [C] on [D] at
18. [A] play [B] take [C] profit [D] resort
19. [A] barely [B] carefully [C] narrowly [D] subjectively
20. [A] ideal [B] image [C] stereotype [D] criterion