2018年考研英语完型填空模拟题及答案解析【八】2017-11-14 15:54 来源：网络综合
Every human being has unique arrangement of skin on his fingers and this arrangement is unchangeable. Scientists and experts have proved the 1 of finger-prints and discovered that no 2 similar pattern is 3 from parents to children, 4 nobody knows why this is the 5 .
The ridge 6 on a person’ finger doesn’t change 7 growth and is not affected by 8 injuries. Burns, cuts and other damages to the 9 part of the skin will be replaced 10 by a new one which bears the reproduction of the 11 pattern. It is only when the inner skin is injured that the arrangement will be 12 Some criminals make use of this to 13 their own finger-prints 14 this is a dangerous and rare step to 15 .
Finger-prints can be made very easily with a printer’s ink. They can be recorded easily. With special method, 16 can be achieved successfully within a short time. 17 the simplicity and economy of this system, finger-print have often been used as a method of solving criminal cases. A 8 man may deny the charge but this may be 19 . His finger-prints can prove who he is even his 20 has been changed by age or accident.
1. A. uselessnessB. quantityC. magnitudeD. uniqueness
2. A. naturally B. exactlyC. especiallyD. particularly
3. A. passed onB. passed awayC. passed outD. passed off
4. A. ifB. whenC. thoughD. as
5. A. reasonB. causeC. groundD. case
6. A. constructionB. structureC. locationD. position
7. A. withB. because ofC. untilD. under
8. A. graveB. severeC. substantialD. superficial
9. A. outsideB. outwardC. innerD. outer
10. A. in timeB. on timeC. at timesD. behind time
11. A. originalB. differentC. definiteD. customary
12. A. restoredB. hurtC. destroyedD. restricted
13. A. diminishB. disposeC. undermineD. remove
14. A. andB. butC. whenD. if
15. A. makeB. takeC. doD. adapt
16. A. realizationB. detectionC. identificationD. investigation
17. A. In spite ofB. Irrespective ofC. Because ofD. In case of
18. A. suspectedB. doubtedC. distrustedD. doubtful
19. A. out of caseB. in vainC. at randomD. in question
20. A. lookB. expressionC. appearanceD. sight